Our aim In Shaa Allah is to provide a complete funeral Service for members which will include the provision of the cost of the burial and all the administration. The aim is to ease the financial burden on the family of the deceased during the time of bereavement. The intention of this committee is to provide the above service for those contributing members solely to seek the pleasure of Allah SWT.
This is in NO WAY A PROFIT-MAKING SCHEME WHEREBY INDIVIDUALS WILL MAKE ANY FINANCIAL GAINS. It is strictly to perpetuate a community spirit and help our Muslim brothers and sisters in their time of need.
All families involved in this service will make an annual contribution of £200.
This will cover the couple (or single parent) and all children under 18. There will be a one-off registration fee of £50 payable at the time of enrolling on the scheme. Once a child reaches the age of 18, he/she will be required to make an annual contribution of £100 until he/she gains full-time employment or gets married at which time the fee will increase to £200 at the time of renewal.
The committee MUST BE INFORMED of any change in the personal circumstance of a member. Failure to disclose any changes may invalidate the membership.
All funds will be kept in a bank Account. The account will have 3 signatories who are listed in this document. Two signatories will be required to clear payments for funeral arrangements. Statements will be available for anyone who requests to see them. Payment will be due strictly within the month of December each year. If the funeral service charge or the burial ground costs increase the annual payment will increase to reflect this. All members will receive notification of the following year’s charges in advance
Cost of plot at a cemetery in Nottingham City Mon – Fri
Saturday burial additional charge
Sunday burial additional charge
Late charge (if funeral procession arrives late)
Additional cost if the deceased lives in the city but is buried in another borough
Funeral Director’s charges (transportation of deceased to masjid for ghusl and then onto cemetery, providing assistance at the cemetery, coffin)
THESE CHARGES ARE ONLY APPLICABLE FOR BURIALS WITHIN NOTTINGHAM. THE COST OF A FUNERAL IN A DIFFERENT CITY OR COUNTRY WILL VARY.
Our official Funeral director is Nottingham Muslim Funeral Directors. Our point of contact is Brother Amin.
Terms & Conditions
1. There will be no refunds under any circumstances.
2. Each member must commit to participating in the scheme for at least 5 years.
3. If a member does not wish to participate for the following financial year, then written notification must be received 2 months prior to the date of renewal.
4. If a member or one of their family has a medical condition (or is terminally ill) they will disclose this at the time of joining.
5. Any issues or disputes arising will be settled through arbitration and reconciliation under Islamic guidelines by the board and members and the outcome will be final.
6. Monies will only be withdrawn for the sole purpose of a death in the families covered under the scheme.
7. In the case of a death abroad, the only costs which will be met are the ones pertaining to the funeral in the UK. (additional transport costs are the responsibility of the individual concerned).
8. If a family wishes to bury a person abroad, all costs incurred (paperwork, embalming, Infection control certificate, transporting the deceased to the country of destination) will be met plus flight tickets for the next of kin up to the value of £1,000.
9. Payout is based on Nottingham cost structure.
10. No tents or extras will be provided for (food, flowers etc.).
11. In the event of two or more deaths in one year, an additional payment equal to the annual contribution per funeral (£200 per policyholder) will be required by members to help cover the costs of additional funerals.
Account Name: Sherwood Education & Culture Centre
Account Number: 58484368
Sort Code: 77-22-17
Please add your Membership Number in the reference field.